10 Jaw-Dropping Statistics about Video Content and Marketing
That double-clicking you hear — in streets and stores, offices and restaurants, so common it’s become the soundtrack to our lives — is the sound of videos opening. Namely, one billion videos being watched daily on mobile devices alone.
And yet we’re hardly conscious of our own use, because clicking through to watch a clip is now second nature. On YouTube alone, almost eight billion videos are watched every day — from dancing babies to documentaries to slick promotional clips.
Have we moved to a video-centric world? Some of the statistics about video use are jaw-dropping!
Must-Know Video Content Statistics for Businesses and Marketers
- According to Cisco’s visual networking index, it would take more than 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks each month in 2021. Cisco predicts that every second, a million minutes of video content will cross the network in 2021.
- At the end of this year, we’re expected to see that live video will have grown 15 times over the 2016 rate of use (Cisco)
- Internet traffic from video will be 80% of all consumer traffic in four years (Forbes)
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded in April 2005; now 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- According to Brandwatch, you can navigate YouTube in 76 languages covering 95% of the Internet-using population
- YouTube on mobile alone reaches more people in the U.S. than any other network (YouTube)
- By 2019, the total U.S. digital video advertising spend is projected to eclipse $14 billion— nearly 50% of which ($6.86 billion) is attributed to mobile video. (eMarketer)
- Facebook videos hit 8 billion views daily, doubling the count from just six months earlier
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
- Of B2C businesses, 82% report that video has become their most popular content marketing tactic (Content Marketing Institute)
Taking Advantage of the Video Content Boom
Is your video among the billions enjoying global traction? And is it localized to meet a wide range of audiences, where they live?
Call CMI to speak to one of our specialists on the important things you need to know to widen your audience through localized video.