Ways Dubbing and Captioning Can Provide Businesses With A Global Reach
November 15, 2015
The ability for a business to operate in a global world has never been easier.
The growth of the digital age has resulted in an increase of businesses expanding their reach worldwide. With the increased importance of using video as a business tool, it’s no wonder the services of dubbing and captioning have also increased over recent years.
Previously used mainly for the movie and television industry, dubbing and captioning is now used for businesses with offices or customers all over the world. From corporate presentations and staff training videos to promotional video ads and short films, dubbing or captioning is now often a business necessity in order to better communicate with their foreign audience. Business sectors such as manufacturing, finance, retail, education and many more, have found dubbing and captioning to be a useful tool.
One of the most important stages of the dubbing process is localization. The process of translation should always take into consideration not only the country the final product is meant to reach, but also the cultural adaptation of that particular region. Paying special attention to language dialects is essential. For example, the French language; the spoken word in French may have a completely different meaning in Paris vs. Montreal or Haiti.
In order to have any media product dubbed or captioned to be viewed in another country, some important steps should be taken.
The 5 Basic Steps of Dubbing:
- The content needs to be reviewed and the script transcribed or written if needed.
- Syllable-based script adaptation should be performed.
- Script revisions are then made, focusing on localization for the target audience.
- Professional voice talent needs to be chosen, paying close attention to tonal quality, accent, and fluency.
- On production day: recording and mixing of the final product should be completed in a high-quality studio.
The 3 Basic Steps of Captioning:
- The content of the media should be professionally transcribed, including all words and plot-pertinent sound effects.
- Captions are then created, paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Production day: the captions are integrated within the media.
The result will be a high-quality product that be used in a target audience anywhere around the globe.
CMI is a premier provider of translation and localization services nationwide with a special focus on international content, including Localization, Dubbing, and Subtitling. Drop us a line if you’d like to hear more about our services.